Friday 5 October 2012

Sunrise in Borobudur

I'm dedicating here a whole entry just on sunrise in Borobudur because this is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I guess no photos or words can describe exactly how beautiful, surreal and emotion stirring the scene is.  I have taken some 'no-way-near-the-real-scene' pictures of what I experienced and just hope that you can just try to imagine it.

This is taken at probably Level 6 or 7 of Borobudur at dawn
I can't explain but can you see the mist congregating at the blue mountains and green jungles?
Stupa on the hilltop temple surrounded by jungles and mountains
Sun began to show itself
Sun rises in front of the Buddha effigy
Hey, we're here, we're here! Thank you for the marvelous scene.
Show yourself, dear Monastery on the hilltop
And now, we can see the whole Borobudur complex from the sunlight.
Shadow from the east of the photographer , namely me.

Location : Java, Indonesia
Next, Borobudur - the relics, the stupas and the Buddhas