Wednesday 20 October 2010

Australian Outback vs Wild Africa

Ok, in every greatness there is bound to be some weaknesses. The Australian Outback in Singapore Zoo clearly demonstrates this. My son could have count all the animals there using his fingers. There are kangaroo and wallaby (which looks exactly the same) and the emu. So, we have to resort in taking pictures like this.

or this
I remember in DreamWorld in Australia, they allowed visitors to just go free range with the kangaroo and stroke them all you want because they are actually pretty friendly. Well, just a suggestion here.
In the Wild Africa session, things are looking slightly better.

There is the wild rhino which is always features in story books, so now my son knows it exist.

I'm not sure what this peacock is doing here, is it from Africa? Anyway, it is very rare the peacock flaunts itself full frontal at me, so I of course took its picture.


This is the Nyala, kind of interesting looking deer I think.


This is the Ghu, black,beastly and angry looking animal.

And of course Zebra.


And finally still my favourite animal in the zoo, the giraffe. Tall and thin, towering above all the rest of the animals.


And by paying $5, my son gets to feed them too. Totally worth it, he's been talking about it until now.

I think the giraffe is also going to be my son's favourite animal in the zoo!


Location : Singapore

No comments: