Wednesday 30 September 2009

Honeymooning in Bali Part 2

During my honeymoon trip in Bali, I also did what most tourist would do. That is to sign up one of the local tour package. The only difference is instead of getting the package from the street, we booked it at the hotel and shared a nice little van with a Singaporean couple we met there. So, the itinerary for the day is

1. Barong Dance Show in Batubulan.
Frankly I didn't even know what is going on. At first when they came onto the stage (which is the tarmac floor on the centre) I was kind of excited with the costume and all. After that, it was a blur all the way.


2. After the Barong Dance, we went to Ubud which is famous for its arts and paintings. I managed to bargain a very nice painting from 2.2 mil rupiah to 400,000 rupiah. Ha ... I got 80% discount! You know what's the trick? Yeah ... be ready to walk out of it and they will call you back and start packing it for you.


3. Next stop, a very long drive up north to a mountain village in Kintamani. Actually I was really excited about this as I thought I am able to walk into the volcano. Guess what? We were dropped off miles away at a 'touristic spot' complete with a restaurant with the view of the volcano for afar. What a disappointment.

Behind us, Mt Kintamani
4. Finally, last stop of the day is the Elephant Cave. It is supposed to be a 11th century hermitage. Out of respect for the 'residence' inside the cave, tourist are not allowed to go in wearing bermuda and shorts. Hence you can see him wearing the purple sarong ... hahaha ...hilarious. What is inside? Same ol' same ol' ... cave with idol statues.


Other than that one day local tour, we mostly spent our days wondering around Kuta, soaking in their mystic atmosphere and lazing around our resort getting massage at the pool ... ahhh, its so good.

OK, my trip to Bali wasn't that interesting or adventurous cause there are actually a whole lot stuff to do there, like bungy jumping or surfing. But I'm too chicken to do any of those stuff and I bet most people don't as well. Ha!


Location: Bali, Indonesia