Wednesday 30 September 2009

Honeymooning in Bali Part 1

Few years ago, I went to Bali for my honeymoon. Been telling myself I will go back there again but really haven't have the chance because the world is so huge and so I tend to plan going to places I haven't been too yet, supposed logically it works that way.

Anyway, about my trip to Bali, we (as in me and my hubby) flew off to Bali 3 days after our wedding. And for owning a timeshare membership, I managed to get few nights stay at Hotel Jayakarta Bali without having to pay anything. Good deal right? So that is our honeymoon patch for the next 4 days.

So, what did I do in Bali? Hotel Jayakarta is located in Kuta and so being a bargain hunter with a slight condition of shopaholic, I spent a lot of time shopping in Kuta.



This is me shopping in one of the stalls in Kuta. I couldn't remember how many days I spent shopping but stuff in Bali are really artistic and cheap.

Before we left for Bali, everyone told us that we must absolutely go to this one place that has the best seafood and best sunset in Bali, so how can we pass that right? And so we hired a taxi and make sure we arrived there before the sunset. Anyway this place is called Jimbaran Bay.


Frankly, the sunset wasn't that fantastic, the seafood wasn't that delicious either and the price is exorbitantly high. Ouchhh! In fact, we later learned that the best sunset is actually at the Tanah Lot temple, but too bad, we didn't managed to visit the place during our short stay there. And actually that is the reason why I keep telling myself I should return to Bali and I do hope to have that chance soon.





Location: Bali, Indonesia
Next,Honeymooning in Bali Part 2