Friday 5 November 2010

Gangnam-gu, the affluent Seoul

Yes, I'm travelling to Seoul, again thanks to my work. Fly 6 hours from midnight and reach Incheon airport at about 6.30 the next morning. Freshen myself up at the airport toilet, change my clothes and work all the way til six in the evening. OK, this is to justify that I so totally deserves some time to sight see Seoul for the next 2 days.


Anyway, my customer has been so kind to put me at Novotel in Gangnam-gu. At first I was kind of disappointed as it seems to be very far from the tourist attraction such as Insa-dong or Myeong-dong. But well, a hotel room cost at least USD150 per night in a 3-star hotel and Novotel in Gangnam on the other hand cost USD250 per night! So being the struggling entrepreneur me, of course I have took up the kind offer.


Gotta say thanks to my customer, I realised I've actually been put in the most expensive and affluent area in Seoul. This is like the wall street of Seoul and I only realised this after I travelled all the way to the older district. The subway station of Gangnam is about the last station on that line and we suddenly see all the so much better dressed people with LV or Gucci bags. Anyway, I only spent my night time in Gangnam because during day time it is mostly a business district. Below are some picture taken.



The main street in Gangnam is such a treat. See, whenever I travel, I like to just sit down in a cafe and observe and see the people walking by and just soak in the culture and way of life and there is no better place than the main street here. It is almost similar to Orchard Road in Singapore but it is not lined up with mega complex but rather packed with expensive boutiques and high end cafes.

Interior of Paris Cafe in Gangnam. The same cafe in other area is not the same. Seems everything you do in Gangnam has to be high end.


This is the affluent Seoul!


Location : Seoul, South Korea

Next, Insadong, the artistic Seoul


  

No comments: