Thursday 25 November 2010

Samcheong-dong, the quintessential Seoul

Samcheong-dong is a 'dong', remember I explained it means a 'neighbourhood' in the Jongno-gu (I think 'gu' means district) in Seoul. If you visit the Gyeongbokgung, then it is within walking distance from the exit. I don't think a lot of tourist managed to come here because it is not actually highlighted in any of the tourist information or map. But a friend of mine was brought here by a Korean and I just fall in love with the pictures. So here I am.


Samcheong-dong is a hilly neighborhood is very quintessentially Seoul in my opinion. The character of this place is basically of small art galleries, shops, and restaurants that is very unique and something you will remind you of Seoul for a very long time.


This is like the beginning of Samcheong-dong, small little restaurants serving Korean food.


Signages showing various nearby sights


I just simply loves the facade of this particular shop


The graffiti on the wall that seems like shadows to the trees makes this 'you're in Samcheong-dong' spot


Old world charm


Plenty of cafes in Samcheong-dong, even in Seoul that roast their own coffee from scratch


Another beautiful cafe that you can sit here for hours


Serving the hot chocolate in the most beautiful artistic way


Saw this lamp post that is very uniquely oriental with lantern like design. The word though is Chinese which means 'happiness'


Not far from the buzzling small village is the President's house. Unbelievable that I can walk so close to the entrance and they even allow me to shoot a picture.






Location : Seoul, South Korea

No comments: