Friday 9 November 2012

A romantic beach wedding

As mentioned in my previous entry on why I'm in Koh Samui; it is to attend a wedding of my very close friend. In Asia, wedding is almost always a family affair. A typical Asian wedding will have nothing less than 100 guests and in fact my wedding involves 400 guests or more. You see, I have my friends and colleagues and school mates and university mates and so is my hubby. And then my mother has her relatives and friends and so is my dad and so is my mother in law and father in law. So when you add the list of 6 people involved, few hundreds guest is pretty normal.


Which brings me to this wedding. There are only 22 guests plus the bride & groom, which brings a total of 2 dozen people in the event. But it bring tears and joy as much as a few hundred guests wedding. In fact, it is actually one of the most romantic wedding I've attended.  

Setting at the beach
White roses everywhere
Champagne glasses ready to toast the happy couple
I do
Roses walkway for the bride & groom
Beautiful fresh flowers adorning the canopy
Table setting
That's my seat and love cookie
Candle light
Bubbly for the occasion
And of course the cake

I also wanted to applaud the entertainment of the night called 'Fire Dance'. At first we weren't that thrilled to walk our way to the beach for the ceremony and then climb up the cliff for the dinner and then being ask to go to the beach again, in the dark. But of course we went and it is one of the most thrilling entertainment fit for hundred of guest but in this case only for the 24 of us.

Isn't this cool, or hot for that matter.

My friend later send me some photos captured by the official photographer arranged by Silavadee, here's some to share how beautiful the scene was.

Mimi and me
Toast to the happy couple
Yes, we enjoy the dinner and wine very much
We were sitting at the beach waiting for the Fire Dance
My favourite picture; with my closest friends and silavadee as the background




Location : Koh Samui, Thailand
Travel date : August 2012