Sunday 3 January 2010

One cold freezing June in Auckland

One fine day in June, I flew almost 10 hours down south to Auckland in New Zealand. The main reason for the trip is to attend my product launch at the Pharmex conference and tradeshow. Obviously it would have been a waste if I didn’t take the chance to visit the place. The reason why I explained the product launch is because, if I have the choice, I wouldn't be choosing a freezing June to visit New Zealand. But all is well, since air ticket is paid for anyway.


I stayed at the Elliott Street Apartments Hotel. Reasonably priced, superbly located in the middle of CBD area and very quaint, almost English. Surprisingly good for the price we paid.


Isn't this lovely?
After recuperating from the little jet-lag of 4 hours difference plus the all night cramping in the cattle class onboard, I managed to walk around Auckland City Centre.

This is the SkyTower, where crazy people do bungy jumping for some adrenalin rush. This 328 metres tower is the tallest structure in Auckland

Auckland Townhall. This is supposed to be a historic building of some sort but I just simply loves its facade.

One of only seven surviving atmospheric theatres in the world is the Auckland Civic Centre. First opened in 1929, apparently its dome ceiling of stars is really beautiful. Ok, I didn't get to go in.

Below are a few pictures taken at the end of Queen Street. This area is called the Britomart where all the buses and trains stop and where all the cruises docks. If you realised, we posed the same way with our arms folded because it’s freezing cold, less than ten degrees on day time, it’s winter now by the way.


My favourite bank is in Auckland!
QE II Square looking across Britomart Station
The Ferry Building at Quay Street
Another picture of the Ferry Building, because apparently this is a very important building in Auckland.




Location : Auckland, New Zealand