Monday 25 January 2010

My one week winter experience

Did I mentioned I was in Auckland mainly for work? Ok, I need to keep writing this to make myself believe that my mind was more on working and not holidaying here. Anyway, most of the day I managed to attend the conference in time but one fine morning, I just have to go to the Victoria Park Market to buy some souvenir.


OK, this Victoria Park Market is nothing to shout about, but that's probably because I have been to Chatuchak in Bangkok and it is therefore very difficult to outbeat the expectation. Anyway I managed to grab some 'bloody' (this is what the Kiwi say all the time) expensive fridge magnets after having myself soaking wet in the rain in the middle of a six degrees freezing morning.

A blur picture of Victoria Park Market from the bus window to remind myself how cold it was ... ggggrrrrr


You know what is good during winter?

It is that I can wear the coolest trench coat, turtle neck and boots (something that will be totally silly at home) to go to work. This is like so so cool. Plus point for winter!


The negative point for winter? I think it is not very good to the skin because no matter how thick I wear, if possible I would like to have the heater blast to the max and as close to me as possible.


Can you see the heater right next to me?
OK, rest of my stay in Auckland is mostly filled with works and meeting. But once I told myself I'm gonna go do a market survey which means I get to walk around town looking at pharmacies. Hence I managed to buy a pair of Fisher Price shoe for Bryan.
Don't think I can find it in KL. Cute and only cost NZD15

22 June - apparently today is the shortest day of the year in NZ. How lucky of me to be here? I left the conference at about 5pm and it looks like 8pm. And to think that it’s only 1pm back home, I’m feeling tired and wanted to go back and bath and sleep. Arghhhh, but I still need to go out for dinner with my customers. Winter is no fun after all.
5pm downtown
6pn at Ponsonby

Location : Auckland, New Zealand

Next, Charming Devonport