Thursday 14 January 2010

Asians in Auckland

One thing that I only learned while in Auckland in utter surprise is the amount of Asian immigrants in Auckland. Apart from the conference that I attended that is full of caucasians, the rest of the places that I visited are full of Asians from China, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Japan and the other South East Asia countries. In fact, we can safely say that the Asian immigrants made up 1/3 if not more of the Auckland populations. Everywhere I walk, there's Asians walking beside me. All the food courts are run or belongs to Asian immigrants. Cabs are all driven by Asian immigrants. We walked into the food court and find it exactly the same of what you can find in KL or Singapore.


Look familiar? Yes, this is Auckland, I kid you not.



Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Next, Kelly Tarlton Antartic Encounter & Underwater World