Monday 5 October 2009

Gold Coast ... I've arrived!

And so the much awaited trip begins, at Gold Coast, my “must travel” destination.

We arrived at the Brisbane airport in the evening after a long 8 hour flight. We got a rented car and proceed to drive to Gold Coast, or so we thought. One hour later we found ourselves in Sunshine Coast! That meant we are exactly two hours away from Gold Coast, WTF! Need not say more, there is no places visited because we arrived at the resort way way too late. Only consolation is that I ate my first Australian pie at a gas station.

The next day, we slept late and decided to roam around Surfers Paradise. We landed at the first tourist spot – The Ripley’s Museum (tourist spot simply means there is entrance fee involves) and we took pictures with ...

The most tallest man on earth (OK, just the statue)
The fattest man on earth
OK, there's a lot more stuff in Ripley's Museum, you know the freaky weird stuff so I didn't want to show here in case you're weak hearted.

As it is Friday, the once a week Surfers’ Paradise Flea market is in action too.

Souvenirs time! Must buy for the sisterhood back home
The next day, we went shopping at Harbours Town factory outlet. Got myself my 1st tube. Everyone is wearing it, and I mean everyone including the fat one. Nike shoe is only AU$50. Cheap?

On Saturday, we drove down to Brisbane. It’s about an hour drive from Gold Coast. Fantastic highway with no toll. Don’t miss Malaysia much yet. At Brisbane, we visited the much talk about harbour. Beautiful Sight. Sorry, my camera doesn't work at night.

And thru my hubby’s excellent sense of direction, we also landed at the Queen’s Street Mall, the longest street mall in Brisbane. Got nothing cause everything closes at 5pm. OK OK we did managed to eat some Vietnamese food that is expensive and SUCKS!


The fun started later. What else, my hubby the couch potato catching up on the much missed Australian TV shows during his Monash days and me getting drunk on reasonable cheap wines. CHEERS!








Location: Gold Coast & Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Next, Sea World in Gold Coast