Sunday 25 October 2009

Why they called it 'Dream World'?

Yes, I'm still venturing theme parks in Gold Coast ... believe it or not? Actually, by now a little bit bored so this is gonna be my final venture of theme parks, of course my final AUD52 per head cost as well.

This theme park is called 'Dream World' ... at first I kind of wonder what does it features, I mean the Sea World or the Movie World is pretty obvious right? OK, there is nothing remotely dreamy about it. Since picture speaks louder than words, let's go to that shall we?

Stroking a kangaroo who couldn't be bothered at all
Behind me, some special birdie only found in Australia
*Yawnnnn* ... yeah, I'm too cheap skate to pay and hug one so gotta take pic of that sleeping koala bear from afar. I mean after paying AUD52, you'd think they'll at least let you carry one for photo session right, NOooooo, they make you pay again.

I am feeding a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. I am feeding a little lamb, using a milk bottle. (lame ... I know)
In case you wonder, no, it's not all a glorified zoo; DreamWorld does have some of the best rides I've ever experienced.

Take this for instance, its called the Tower of Terror!!! It measures 120 feet high. I'm in that vehicle that shoots up from a station beneath and falls down almost instantly. Actually it happens so fast, you don't have time to have a heart attack.



Or this ride, its called WipeOut. OK, I have a confession to make. I didn't take the ride. No, not because I'm a chicken, it's because I just ate one sausage bun and I didn't want to puke into that pool full of fake sharks.


Yup, I remember I was working for ¾ of the next day meeting up with two Australian consultants who bought me best seafood lunch at Coolangatta. Yup, since he insist to drive down to Brisbane again, I just went along. Yup, late shopping day is on Friday not Thursday. OK, might as well take some photos so that the trip is not all gone. Hey, we ate the best pie in Australia too right? The “Yattala” pie. If you have the chance, please try it!


Anyway, just a shot at the City Hall to mark my presence there. Bye Bye Brisbane!



Location: Gold Coast & Brisbane, Queensland, Australia