Saturday 12 December 2009

Cape Schanck, Red Hill & Arthur's Seat

What I am about to experience this day almost took my life … hehehe! Ok, a little bit exaggeration but not altogether untrue. We are at Cape Schanck.

The Cape Schanck lighthouse is supposedly a very important piece of history in Victoria. It was built and serves as a lighthouse since 1859. It is one of the oldest light house in Australia.


OK, anyway we brace ourselves to walk around the shoreline of Cape Schanck as it does gives a hint of very beautiful view from the entrance. In order to reach the shoreline ...


it started with what they called a bush walking
The bush walking then became board walking. Look closely at the picture to see where the board leads to ... OK, basically all the way down. But most importantly you need to understand there isn't any shelter around.


Posing for a picture with the beautiful scenery behind me, still smiling enthusiastically
And then suddenly while we're in the middle of the board walk, the rain began … the temperature falls … the wind is howling … I’m frozen … I’m blown to one side of the board walk … I don’t want to die in Australiaaaaa … 
I'm leaving. You can stay all you want
Because of my near-death experience, my hubby later brought me to have a nice romantic lunch at a winery in Red Hill. It’s called ‘Tuck’s Ridge’. Best Italian food and best wine. Mmmmm!


Redhill is the wine region in Mornington Peninsula. We went into 3 wineries in Red Hill which I couldn't remember all the names but Tuck's Ridge is by far the most beautiful one. So, after our wine & dine, we walk to the wineries to take some pix.

Just look how beautiful it is
This is like a post card photo, eh?
After refreshing our head a little due to all the wine tasting, we drive to highland in Mornington Peninsula. Arthur's Seat located in Mornington Peninsula is popular for its maze park and the view of its summit at about 314 metres above sea level.
I only have the guts to point to the chairlift and no guts to take a ride.
It's freezing cold up here.
Got to pay to use this thing? Damn!
OK, doesn't matter, just go to Murray Lookout. Gorgeous view of Port Phillip Bay.




Location : Victoria, Australia