Monday 20 December 2010

The Lost World & Ancient Egypt in Universal

Seeing this Jurassic Park arch gives me goose bumps. I remember I used to be such a fan of this movie that I went to watch it 3 times in the cinema and booking tickets in advance. I mean how more original can the movie makers get right?
Obviously over here in Universal, you don't get to meet the so-called dinosaur or even the mascot (hmmm, wonder how come they never thot about it).

So you just say hi to these harden T-Rex statue whom was coloured green (why, I wonder?)
Anyway in Jurassic Park there is a lot of fun rides. The Rapids Adventure is one but I didn't want to get myself wet, so I passed. Then there is the Canopy Flyer but I didn't wanted to be hang upside down, so I passed too.

Instead, we went to the 'Dino-Soarin' which is a kiddy ride but with a twist. Although the 'Pterandon' flies on its own with a push of a button by the operator, you can still have some control of how high you wanna fly by pushing a button in its respective seat. So you feel you kind of have control over the experience of flying.

Just look at my son's happy smile, priceless! In fact he took this ride twice.

An adventure 65 million years in the making ... ahhh, a slogan that makes me awe with wonder years back.

Like in any other theme park, a death defying stunts with high impact explosions right in front of your eyes kind of show is almost an expectation. So in Universal, they present the WaterWorld show.

Beware though where you sit in the auditorium. If you sit in the splash zone, you will get all wet, and I really do mean get ALL WET. Unless you think it is fun to get ALL WET, avoid the first tier of the auditorium at all cost, seriously. On the quality of the show, well I would have expected much more but it was OK. To be fair, I can't even finished watching this 'most expensive ever made movie', so I guess this set just doesn't strike my fancy.

This is the sort of first 4 mins of the WaterWorld show. You judge for yourself.

As you leave the Lost World, you will find yourself in the land of the pharoah.

Where dog-headed-human-body creatures guard the gate.

Where you will meet face to face the scary looking mummies while plunging in the darkness in a thrill ride engulfed in fire ... OMG, the bestest indoor ride I've ever been, the Revenge of the Mummy. Beware! Not for the weak hearted.

Well, if you are indeed weak hearted and do not want to scream your guts out and risk having a heart attack, you can always go for the 'Treasure Hunters' jeep ride.

No scary looking mummy, no screaming, no cursing ... just pure innocent jeep ride through a make-believe Egyptian excavation site and see how this innocent smile in your son's face makes your heart melt.



Location : Singapore


  

No comments: