Saturday 25 December 2010

Sci-Fi City in Universal

The Sci-Fi city is about the smallest city I've ever been. OK, I know it is just a theme park but it is also the smallest theme in this theme park. I guess maybe they needed this particular theme to strike some approval in male visitors.

Although small in size, the managed to build this Sci-Fi City to resembles a space ship (that's my take).

In this Sci-Fi City, you will meet with some weird looking human-like creature on stilts. Since standing next to her will make me look small and short, I took a picture of her on her own instead.

Although small, Sci-Fi City is also supposed to house the star attraction of this theme park, the Battlestar Galactica CYCLON and HUMAN ride.

Just look at the sheer size of this structure! The blue track is the CYCLON and the red track is the HUMAN. And both the rides will race at the same time at 90km/h and hit the 14 storeys peak high.

Must be damn exhilarating riding in it except that it is temporary closed while I was there. Heard some rumors that there was an accident and they are closing it to rectify the problem. Hmmmm ... make me think twice to go up there although it will be open up later.


Anyway we did try the 'Accelerator' which is basically the same concept of the spinning cup in a fun fair except they make it look futuristic and that it spins a little faster compared to the normal tea-cup ride. OK for a kid.


Location : Singapore


No comments: