Friday 7 January 2011

Sun, sand, sea, spa and sex!

Merely reading the title of this entry qualifies this to be 18SX right? OK, I'm just trying to be truthful and blog straight from the head you see. To prove my point and as a preview, I checked into a resort with a dreamy romantic bedroom setting like this ...


and then barely 10 feet away at a sort of private verandah, there's another day bed that looks like this ...


The bedroom is so comfy that the moment I saw the bed, I just wanna climb unto it and just lie down there and do nothing but sleep.


Anyway, let's get to the place shall we. Me and four of my other girl friends decided to take an all-girls trip to Hua Hin to celebrate one of our birthday. Whereabout is Hua Hin? Hua Hin is located south of Bangkok, approximately about 3 hours drive and if you're unlucky like us which happens to travel on a public holiday in Thailand, it is a 4-hour journey. By the time I reached Hua Hin after 2-hour flight and the 4-hour road trip, its almost evening. I guess that's why I'm so freaking tired and think of nothing except wanting to sleep.


We checked into the Evason Hua Hin Resort & Six Senses Spa. Bet you have heard of Evason right? Its like a chain of very reputable private resort and spa. I mean even the Brangelina bunch stay in Evason.


OK, here are some pictures of the beautiful resort.

These first three pictures are credited to my friend, Mimi who took exceptionally beautiful pictures.


The famous Six Senses Spa
The bright sun, the blue sky and the green palms ... bliss
A quaint little jewelry shop in the middle of the pond
Beautiful lotus all around to provide some flora element
A cosy library in the middle of the woods
A rustic back to nature set up all around the resort
A quirky signage keeping you update on the weather
Fresh lemonade keeping me hydrated in the sun
A night view of the pool


The Evason Resort is simply a fabulous place to getaway for a relaxing holiday. The whole concept is basically rustic and back to nature. Their lemongrass everything from drink to shampoo to lotion to food is simply spectacular. Never like Lemongrass that much.


The only set back I can think of for this resort is that it is located about 25 minutes away from Hua Hin town. So you have to grab a cab or shuttle bus to go to the town which simply means we only did it once during our 4 days there. So, there is really nothing much to do except to hog on a sun lounge and lie there whole day, reading my novel and sipping lemonade and go for a massage at their famous spa. And of course for those couples ... ehem ... (you know).

Ok, now let's head to the Evason beach shall we?

After looking at the beautiful beach at the Gulf of Thailand, I want share something that is totally weird and maybe funny. As beautiful and private Evason Resort is, the beach is totally public. What? Eeeewwwwww. In fact, there is a public road separating the resort pool area from the beach.


Look at the road and the view it provides straight to the pool area of the resort! I mean, can you imagine that you paid a 5-star price hoping to get a quiet and private lazy time, lounging around the pool in bikini only to find trucks and buses passes you by and people taking photos of you like you're some sort of a freaking monkey show. I kid you not!
The problem is I can't hate Evason for this as I heard there is a rule in Thailand that the resorts are not allowed to build all the way to the beach. Beach is for everyone. What kind of silly ruling is that right? OK, so it is not a private beach, but do they have to build a public road in front of the beach? I really can't understand.




Location : Hua Hin, Thailand