Friday 21 January 2011

I'm Gulliver for a day

Obviously this post is an inspiration from the recent released movie, Gulliver's Travel. I remember reading this book as a child and thought how scary it is that you are one big giant in an island of little people and they tie you up and wanted to cook you as food. As I grew older, my perspective change to how awesome it is that you're a big giant and everything is just like toys to you.


Anyway, I dug out some old photos of me while in China many years back. How many years back? Let's just say that I need to scan this photos because digital camera has not been around yet. Here in Shenzhen, they created a place called "Window of the World'. In Window of the World, they build all the famous monuments around the world in miniature size. So here, I can be Gulliver for a day! Not only do these monuments seems small, in fact I can walk around the world in a day!


Stonehenge in England


Temple of Abu Simbel in Egypt


The Leaning Tower of Pisa


Mount Rushmore in United States


Statue of Liberty in United States


Is this cool or what? I only post 5 photos obviously because I have to scan them. In fact in this place, there is more than 100 reproductions covering 5 continents. So I guess apart from being Gulliver for a day, if you can't afford to travel around the world, just go to China!

Location : Shenzhen, China

Date or travel : Way back