Friday 25 March 2011

Welcome to KLCC

It seems that my blog has been about my travelling out of the country so far. So much so sometimes I tend to take for granted how beautiful my own country is. So for the next few weeks, I'll be blogging about some of my travellings in Malaysia to remind myself the beautiful experience I can have right at my door step.


When I travel around especially out of Asia, people asked me where I'm from. Often they thought I'm a Japanese (seems the Japanese are avid travellers) while some managed to figure out that I'm a Chinese. Then they'll ask if I'm from Hong Kong or Singapore? No, I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Malaysia? Never heard of it. Bummer!


So to start of with, welcome to Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, my home. Well, right now I've sort of move to the suburb about 30 minutes away from the city centre but at least once in a month, I'll still be driving down to the city for dinner or shopping.


For those who thought Malaysia is a third world country and that we still stay on tree tops, we used to have the tallest tower in the world. Yes, the tallest in the world from 1998 to 2004.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Petronas Twin Tower. It is 452 metres high and located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Apart from being two of the tallest towers in the world, what makes this twin building so special is that it is built of strainless steel and glass! So in the day time, the buildings glitter in the sun. Although they have been around for more than 10 years now, each time I drove by, I still go like "WOW", it is indeed very beautiful and not to mentioned I'm bursting with pride.


Welcome to Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) and yes, we Malaysians sometimes do still stay on tree tops but in order to do that, we need to pay hundreds of dollars a day in some exotic resort located in some private tropical island and trust me, it is a rustic luxury only few can afford.


Well, I guess we get to sample the best of both worlds.



Location : Kuala Lumpur, Peninsula Malaysia