Friday 9 December 2011

The post-holiday disaster at a post-flood Bangkok

Last week, despite all warnings and advice not to go Bangkok due to their recent recovery from the few months long flood hitting the whole country, I went nevertheless.

I can explained. First, it was almost monumental to be able to gather the entire family, the whole nine yards (I mean, people) to be free at the same time. Secondly, we managed to book a beyond believable cost of air tickets like 6 months ago. How much do you think it cost to fly nine people from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok? It cost less than USD700!!! And finally of course, I am very doubtful that if we cancel the trip, we will be able to get the same price in the future. So, we went.

And I hate to say this, those people were right! All of us fell sick. In fact not just sick but so sick that I couldn't even switch on the the computer. I was down in bed for 3 whole days which almost never happen to me. My poor 5 year old boy runs a 39.2 celcius temperature one night. So, lesson learnt!

However, although with all the post-holiday disaster at a post-flood Bangkok, I did have my fun. See, Bangkok is like my holiday hometown. I have to complete these 2 missions before the year ends :
1. my annual shopping-without-thinking pilgrimage,
2. my annual do nothing but massage-day-and-night ritual.

Without completing these two missions, my year will not be complete.

So, now I can have peace.