Friday 16 December 2011

Bangkok Revisited

So, aside from my post-holiday disaster in the post-flood Bangkok, here are highlights of my recent travel to my absolutely most favourite annual holiday destination.


1. I found a new must-go restaurant. You know for times and times again, we have been going back to Ban Khanita or Cabbages & Condoms which is like the touristic place. This time around, my brother has brought all nine of us to this place which was introduced by this Thai colleague of his. Located in Huai Khwang, Nan Thong restaurant took about 45mins taxi ride from central Bangkok but the ride is absolutely worth it. The food is superb, the price is unbelievably reasonable and the atmosphere is uniquely Thai!


2. Madame Tussauds has arrived in Bangkok! No, I did not go in. You know, went to one, went to all. But for those who has not been to a wax museum and take photos with celebrities; now, you don't need to go to London or Hong Kong, there is one in Bangkok.


3. Finally, I'll like to reveal the holy place of my annual shopping-without-thinking pilgrimage which is none other than the 'Platinum Fashion Mall'. OK, there you go, I've said it. For many years, I have discovered this place from a local friend of my girl friend. And we have been indulging in it quietly. But recently, it has been out in the open so, there you go. Don't go Chatuchak, don't go MBK, just go Platinum. This is the place when you don't even think about bargaining because it is so cheap, this is the place where you wish you can bring them all back because the design is so good, this is the place where we mere mortal gets to buy DVF, DVB or what-haves-you inspired clothes. So this year my shopping activities has cost me a total of  ... jeng jeng jeng ... USD185 for 22 pieces of clothings.

So, this is my short Bangkok revisited trip.

Location : Bangkok
November 2011