Friday 30 April 2010

Harrods, oh Harrods

OMG, cannot believe that my London trip is about to come to an end. Gosh, you know when you're having so much fun, it doesn't feel like you've spent an entire week there. It just feels like you can keep spending another week and another week there.


So anyway, as I was strolling on the street in London and saw this big black cab all dressed up in Malaysia's Tourism Ad, I knew I just have to go home already.

But of course not before we visit the last and final London's 'must-visit' spot.


Yes, it is The Harrods. It is established maybe earlier but this particular building in Knightsbridge fronting the Hyde Park is up in 1849. Harrods has since changed ownership a couple of times. Although it is as English as you can get, it is now owned by Arabs.

And how does the Arab smack some dirt on the English in their own land? Built a memorial of their Princess of Wales (mother of their future king) with her boyfriend Dodi Fayed. Apart from the picture of them both, there's a wine glass smudged with lipstick from Diana's last dinner as well as what is described as an engagement ring Dodi purchased the day before they died. OK, seriously, this is so wrong in so many levels ... nevermind, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.


Finally to end my beautiful journey in London, we have an English Afternoon Tea at Harrods. How much more English can this get.






Location : London, England
Date of travel : Jun 2008, Summer