Friday 23 September 2011

My first B&B experience

When my hubs told me that he's booking us into a Bed & Breakfast place during our upcoming Perth trip, I think of nothing much. I thought OK, maybe our budget is limited and we have to succumb to back packer's style of staying in a B&B place. Then when he told me that it cost AUD190 per night, I was like, you gotta be kidding me, I thought it cost like 90 bucks or something. Then why don't we add a bit more money and stay in a hotel instead? Oh you don't know, its fun to stay in a proper house, so that our 5 years old son can have more space instead of confined in a room with 4 walls. So, end of discussion, he has already booked it and I just pray it will turn out OK.


So anyway, when we finally arrived in Perth in a cold spring morning, we got our rented car and drives to La Casa Rosa using our GPS.


There you are, hey not bad after all. It is located in East Perth. You can say its like a stone throw away from the CBD area but yet the neighbourhood is absolutely quiet and serene. OK OK, admittedly, I do like to visit houses in a foreign country just to get the feel of the way of life and culture there. I mean I had heaps of fun staying at my friend's place in London.


So we rang the bell of La Casa Rosa and was greeted by Michael. Michael has been so kind to help lug one of the heaviest luggage up to the 2nd floor for us. Once we climbed the stairs up to the 2nd floor, I found myself in a living space of strangers, namely Rose & Michael. OK, there you go. We exchange pleasantries like friends instead of the I show the booking slip at a check-in counter in a hotel lobby with uniformed receptionist. Rose's grandson, Jayden happens to be there and Bryan (my son) immediately feels at home and start playing with Jayden already. Hmmm, OK, so how do I tell him now that we have to go out to sight see. My struggles begins ...


So anyway, after staying at La Casa Rosa for 4 days, I have to say that it does have its good side. Like we can use the kitchen to make coffee or milk for Bryan or to sit in the beautiful patio to enjoy our packed food from the VIetnamese restaurant at the corner as if its gourmet dinner. We can have free access to wifi so I can check my emails and update my FB which would otherwise have cost us a bomb. Rose even allowed us to park our rented car in their garage so we can have a peace of mind that it is in good condition when we return them. Rose is such a wonderful and understanding person so much so when Bryan feels so at home and start wondering in their dining hall and broke a crystal glass, she totally understands and say don't worry about it. Wow, what a relief.
So what does breakfast entails? Well, you woke up and then you walk to the kitchen and tell Rose what you want to eat. Egg sunny side up please, bacon, toasts with butter, capuccino, fruits. And Rose bakes very delicious muffin too. Yum! And she has like 4 different cornflakes for Bryan to choose, so no complaint from our little boy there.


Here's a picture of Rose and my son taken on the day we are leaving.





Location : Perth, Western Australia.
Next, Perth City - a little bit of everything